Monday, January 26, 2009

The first post... a little bit of background.

So this is my first post.

My life isn't all that interesting.. but it suits me just fine. I've been married to Kevin for almost 3 years, and we just had our first child, a little girl. Her name is Isabella Grace, and she really takes up most of my time. I don't work, and, for now, don't plan to go back to work. I WAS working at a Kitchen and Bath place as the receptionist. That was an okay job. I liked a couple of people there, and the job was petty easy.

My pregnancy was really an easy one, and I feel blessed for that. I also had an easy labor and delivery.

Kevin and I were not able to get pregnant the 'conventional' way, so we went to an Infertility Clinic, and after 2 failed intra-uterine insemination (IUI) we move onto In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) . That's how we got our little princess. If anyone has any questions about the cycles or anything, please feel free to ask. I have no problem discussing it.

I don't have any family near me. It is really hard for me sometimes not having MY family close by, but I survive. I do have some of Kevin's family to rely on, but sometimes it's just not the same. Most of my family lives down south - aound Nashville, TN; and also in Hot Springs, Arkansas. We try to visit them once a year, but last year we weren't able to. I haven't seen my mom since August of 2007. My sister was able to come up for a month over Thanksgiving this past year, and that was really nice.

I have a brother and a sister, both younger. My sister is married and has a little boy - my little monkey nephew! My brother is still in school. I believe he'll be a senior next year.. gosh I feel old!

I attend a Catholic church, although I am not Catholic. Kevin and I are both taking RCIA Classes, which teach you about the Catholic faith, and then by Easter we can decide whether or not to join.

The little glitch in this is that I've been married before, and so I have to get that marriage annulled through the church. It's a super long process, and one that, while I understand the Church's views, don't necesarily agree with. My first marriage was short and done in a courthouse... but enough about that.

Here's some other randomness:

I'm addicted to Facebook.
I HATE peanut butter, peanuts, and anything that smells or tastes like it.
I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
My husband works in Law Enforcement.
I actually like where I live, although I wouldn't be opposed to a warmer climate.
My sweet, innocent, perfect little girl scares the hell out of me.
I read a lot about stuff. Infertility. Pregnancy. Parenting..
I cried when I gave my daughter a binky. I'm over it now though.
I love the color pink.
I like to shop, but I'm cheap. I hate spending money. Some things are just over-rated.
I love Target.
I'm a Steeler fan, and not just because they are going to the superbowl. I've been a fan since my husband forced me to be one ;)

Well thats all. I'm sure you just can't wait for my next post.!







So far

No comments:

Post a Comment