Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The best thing in a new mom's life....

.......is a SHOWER! Goodness, I never thought that I would cherish my shower time sooo much! Not only does it make me all nice and clean, but it can make me feel human again, it wakes me up, it gets me moving.. but it does so much more. In those precious 15 minutes (sometmes 20, or even 30 on are times) I can relax. I can de-stress. I can get away. I can collect my thoughts. I can NOT think. That time is MY time, no one else's. No baby, no husband, no animals, no phone calls. No dirty diapers, no spit up, nothing. Unless *I* choose to bring it in. Sometimes I shower with Bella (with Kevin's help of course) and i like that time too. But I really do enjoy my shower time.

It's not that I don't love to be around my family, it's just that I do need that little bit of time away. I don't ask to run out and get my hair done once a month, or get my nails done every week. I don't go out shopping all day, and I don't go out drinking or partying. Honestly, I don't even care about those things.

Do I LIKE to get my hair done? My nails? Get a pedicure? Go shopping? Go out with the girls? Sure I do. BUT, I know that, in order to stay home with Bella, I have to make my own sacrifices. I don't want to put her in daycare. My goal is to make it to one year, at least. Then maybe go back to work part time and work around Kevin's schedule. We will see what the future holds.... I've worked in a daycare, and I know that no matter how great you think it is, public daycare is not truly a place I want my daighter in when she is that young. Babies are put in swings or a crib, and prety much left there. Not that they can do much, but still. They are talked to (At) from around the room, when they should be getting one on one conversation, and being held and cuddled. As they get older they are able to interact wit other kids, and are supervised but still, its just not the environment I want. Sure your child has a 'teacher' but in MOST (not all) situations, the teachers rotate a LOT, and the main teacher is only there for a short part of the day. So there is some structure but not a lot. AND, the odds of her getting sick are sooo high. ALL the time. Kids are ALWAYS sick at school. Even if your child stays home with a fever, they are contagious BEFORE they get a fever, and so then it just keeps geting passed around.

Ugh, but I could go on. The whole point is that I am going to do whatever it takes to keep her out of daycare as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment