Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!






So I'm finally getting around to setting up this blog. I want to get into the habit of using it, but it will take time.




Bella is growing sooo fast! Every day I am amazed at just how big she is getting. Sometimes I forget how little she really is, and think she should be farther ahead in her developement, but then when I look online, I see that she is right on track. I try to do tummy time with her, but she really HATES it. She will be super happy, and then you flip her on her tummy, and she's okay fo about 2 minutes (if that) and then she's done. I figure anytime is better than no time. I think she doesn't like it because she wants to look around and can't. Sometimes I just let her get mad, because then she DOES lift her head up, as if to look around to see where I am and why I haven't picked her up yet!



She had her 2 month checkup on March 5th. She weighs 9lbs 12oz and is 23 3/4 in long! I was so happy to see that she was gaining weight. It confirms that she's getting enough milk from me, and that I'm doing well with nursing her! She has been sleeping through the night since she was 8 weeks. We just recently started putting her to sleep in her own room rather than in ours. It makes our room very quiet now. I don't know why, but it seems so lonely without her in there next to the bed. I think it is better for her though, she will sleep better without the noises of me sleeping, or the dogs sleeping in the room. I never let the cats in the room when she slept in there, so now that she's in her room, the cats are happy to be able to curl up on the bed too.

My parents are coming to visit for a week. I'm really excited, but at the same time I'm anxious about it. I so want them to meet Bella, but at the same time, I know my mom still smokes, and I don't want her holding Bella smelling like smoke. My dad does not smoke, so I don't worry about him. I haven't seen my parents or my brother since the summer of 2007. I really do miss them so very much, and I wish they lived closer.

I've recently joined Skype. I love it! I get on and chat with my sister almost every day. I love seeing her and my nephew, and I know she loves seeing Bella. I think it is a wonderful thing - being ale to video chat with fiends and family online. I remember when video phones came out, and thought that it was just something that we'd never have, because the phones cost so much. Now it's free! Well, I DID have to buy a webcam, but it's not like it was expensive.




Well, that's all I got for now. Actually, I have more, but it's 1:15am, and really, I should go to bed. I don't even know WHY or HOW I'm still awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment