Sunday, March 29, 2009

A visit with the family

My parents came down last week to visit! I'm sooo happy they did! I hadn't seen them since August of 2007. We had a geat time, spent a lot of time playing Wii Bowling, and even went REAL bowling one day! Did some shopping, and my mom bought Bella some SUPER cute outfits. She also bought me Animal Crossing:City Folk for Wii, and another game for the Wii that has horseshoes, bean bag toss, lawn darts, etc. AND, to top it all off, they gave us money for a new recliner (Well, it was more for Kevin's birthday, which is next week). So we got a new La-Z-Boy! YAY for no more clicking recliner when you rock!

It really is hard with my family being so far away. I do love Kevin's family, they are great. It's just not the same though, not like having my OWN family nearby. His aunt and uncle are wonderful, and would do anything or us, and same with his cousin and his famly. It's good to know we have such wonderful people close by to help us whenever we need it, but, I don't know. It is hard to explain.

So one one hand I miss my family. I especially wish my sister lived closer. I wish our children could grow up and know each other better. I wish I was closer with my own cousins.

On the OTHER hand... my mom does drive me INSANE. I love her soo much, and yet, sometimes I am just soooo irritated with her. She needs to quit smoking. For more than just herself. She has two grandchildren now, and I would like her to be around to watch them grow up. My uncle is on dialysis for his kidneys, and my mom is a PERFECT match. Like super-duper-she-could-be-his-twin perect. BUT she has to quit smoking and lose some weight. So she says, she's working on losing the weight first, because if she quits smoking she'll just gain weight. honestly, I think it's a cop-out.

My dad is doing great, he quit smoking, quit dipping, and he's eating healthier and excercising a but too! It makes me really proud that he's doing what he can to get healthy. He has done so well that he is now off his cholesterol medicine, which he said a lot of people have a very hard time doing. Now he is working on his blood pressure. It will be harder, but he is going in the right direction for sure!

My brother - OH MY GOODNESS! He's taller than me, he's got brown hair, (it used to be blonde!) and he's just.. a TEENAGER! My little brother is going to be 17 this July, and I just can't believe it! He's so grown up - and super smart. He makes these videos from games, like little movies. It's really great, and he's really good at it. I hope he continues with it, I think he might be able to do something with it. =)

Other than that not much else has been going on. I cooked dinner a few nights for my parents, and they even went to church with us, which was REALLY great. I don't think either of them has been to church in years. Maybe it will encourage them to go more often? Probably not, but I hope it does, in fact, I will pray that they do start going to church. It is healthy for them.

------In Other News-------

Bella is getting stronger by the minute! She holds her head up so well! She's super talkative, and just LOVES to smile at her daddy! She also is very quick to let you know when she needs something. She'll be all smiles one minute, then crying the next because suddenly she decided she is tired! She loves to be swaddled up at night, in fact, she HAS to be swaddled or she does NOT stay asleep! She also likes to be rocked in the glider, and I love to rock her. It is probably a bad habit that I'm forming, but I can't help it. I love holding her in my arms and letting her bury her fact in the crook of my elbow, which she does in order to fall asleep. It is super cute!

We went grocery shopping again today, and I bought $120 worth of stuff, and paid only $54! I am super proud of my couponing skills! I hope to continue to get better, although I do need a better sorting system. Right now I'm just using envelopes, and it's okay, but takes me a long time to find what I need. I get a lot of tips/idea from Frugal Coupon Living. I have a link to her on the side bar. She has lots of great saving ideas and tips!


Well, it is super late, and my little munchkin has started getting up a little earlier than her usual 8:30-9am. Hopefully I can find a happy schedule with her, but I think it will take some time yet for that to happen...


can you believe she's 3 months already!

No comments:

Post a Comment