Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bella's update.. 3 months!



So Bella is 3 months now! It is so hard to believe that she is 3 months old already! She smiles all the time, and she is a total daddy's girl! She is holding her head up very well! Whenever you hold her sitting up, she is getting so steady! AND, she is starting to prefer to be in a sitting position, rather than laying down. Kevin had the recliner out, and had her laying on the leg part and she was doing little "sit ups" trying to get upright! She has rolled from her tummy to her back, twice, on the same day, but hasn't done it since. She absolutely HATES to be laying on her stomach, I think it is because she can't see around to what is going on!




She sleeps through the night, 8 hours, and I'm so happy for that, although I am still wondering when she'll change her mind about it, because it seems too good to be true! Since 8 weeks, she's been sleeping through the night... but I'll take what I can get!






She hates a wet diaper. I read that it is getting harder to potty train children because of how disposable diapers are keeping the babies so dry that they don't know the feeling of being wet, which is important for them to learn to potty... Well, she knows when she is wet, even a little bit! I think it is because from the very start I changed her constantly, even if her diaper was a little wet. Even now, I change her a thousand times a day. Sometimes her diaper doesn't even feel wet to me, but I change her anyways. My thinking is that I DONT want a diaper rash (although I know its bound to happen) and, I don't want her to get used to a wet feeling.



She loves looking at the dots on her walls, and she loves to be swaddled when she sleeps. She takes a binky on occasion, but not all the time. Typically it's when she is going to bed at night, or when she is super over-tired and needs it to calm herself. She could use her hands, but she is swaddled because she still has a startle reflex and wakes herself up at night if she's not.


Kevin does sooo great with her. She loves him so much, and LOVES to play with daddy! You can just see it in her face that she already adores him!






Well, thats the update, I'm off to bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment