Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter!

Bella's first Easter was wonderful! We spent it up in PA at Kevin's parents house. It was a little colder than it is here, but that's okay! It was sooo nice to see everyone! We were able to finalize plans for Bella's Baptism! It will be on June 7th. My sister is going to be her godmother (technically her sponsor) and Kevin's brother will be her godfather. We are soo excited this is finally going to happen! YAY! There was a lot of back and forth on the dates and trying to work with not only Kevin's schedule, but also his parents and Scott & Sara's as well!
Easter is such a special time, it has always been a special day for me, and I've always made an attempt to go to church, any church, on Easter. I have been moved to tears at times even. This year was extra special, since Kevin and I are both attending RCIA, and planning to join our church. I never knew much about the Catholic faith, but the more I learn, I am finding that I do like it. It is definitely not what I had HEARD. You know, all the stereotypes. They have their own traditions/rituals, but once I learned about WHY they do certain things, it just does not seem so 'weird'. Bella goes to church with us. I love that. She sits right up in the pew with us. Our church does not have a nursery (that I am aware of), and they welcome children in the service. One thing I was concerned about when looking for a church, was whether or not we would be able to keep her with us. I never liked the idea of sending her away to a nursery. Maybe when she's a toddler and getting into things I may change my mind, but for now, if she gets fussy, I just walk her outside, or I can just stand with her and rock her. I also love that Kevin and I go together, and we have never been to Church on Easter together. Bella has changed a lot of things in our lives, bringing us closer to God is one of those things. I want her raised going to Church, and to be comfortable going.
Anyways, I got off the topic a bit! Here's some pics from the weekend!
















No comments:

Post a Comment