Friday, May 22, 2009

Appreciate what you have now.

Stop. Right now, and tell your mom you love her. Tell your sister, your brother, your dad, uncle, cousin, aunt, husband, wife, and children. Go ahead, I will wait.

Why?

Because today I realized just how short life can be.

Today I realized that those you love may not be there when you wake up.

Today, two children lost their mother, and could possibly lose their father as well.

Today, my sister-in-law lost her closest and very best friend.

Today, someone was killed in a motorcycle accident.

It happened around midnight, we don't know any details, but Rob was driving, and lost control of the bike. Leanne was found dead at the scene, and all we know at this point is Rob broke both legs and his back, and was flown to a hospital in Youngstown.

How do you tell two children, 14 and 10, that their mom is gone? How do you explain to them that their dad is seriously injured, and that they don't know if he'll make it? How do you tell someone their best friend, who they grew up with, is gone?

I don't know the answer to those questions, and I am grateful that I do not have to do those things. But I think about my daughter, and how would someone tell her? How would someone tell me, f something were to happen to my husband? How would I react? Would I go immediately into hysterics? Would I shut down and go into shock?


So today, I was once again reminded at how short life can be, and I look around and am grateful, and thankful, and I feel completely blessed to have what I have. A beautiful, healthy baby girl. A wonderful, loving, devoted husband. I have a wonderful family and friends, all of who I can rely on.

So today, make sure you let everyone who matters to you know, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. Don't ever assume that they know, make sure you KNOW they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment