Saturday, May 16, 2009

She shoots! She SCORES!

Went shopping today. I was given a $30 spending limit since it is the weekend between pay periods. Last night I stayed up going through my coupons and the sale ads to figure out what I need (mostly want) to buy. Here's what I got:



Target


3pks Trident Gum
Nabisco 100 calorie Chips Ahoy
Ritz Crackers
Diet Sierra Mist Ruby Splash (2ltr) x2
Suave Professionals Shampoo x2
Dawn Dish Soap (with the air freshener in the bottom)




Total spent: $6.48








Best deal was the Chips Ahoy 100 calorie packs for $.04 after target and MFR coupons! Target doesn't print out the before total on the receipt, so I'm not sure what it was, but it says I saved $10.04, and that's about right with the coupons I had. The girl at the register was shocked at the total. She said "I know I rang up more than six dollars!!!" =) yay! I went to Martins afterwards..







Martins

Kraft Cucumber Ranch Dressing
Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
A1 Chicago Style Marinade x2
Planters Honey Roasted Peanuts
French's Fried Onions
Airwick Freshmatic
Airwick Freshmatic refill x 2
Capri Sun Sunrise Orange
Splenda Caramel Coffee Sweetener x 2
Bananas 1 bunch
Sweet potatoes (4)
Over The Moon Chocolate Milk
Swiss Sweet Tea
Giant Brand 1% milk (gal)

Total Before Savings: $64.90
Total after savings: $33.53

I had some money left on a gift card my parents sent for our anniversary, so after I used that, I only paid $28.84.

The best deal at Martins was the A1 Marinade. On sale for $1.99 and I had 2 $2 / 1 coupons! So it was FREE! Technically, a $.01 moneymaker! The Kraft Dressings were on sale for $1.69, and I had 2 $1.50 / 1 coupons. Another good one I found was the Freshmatic Air Freshener. It was normally priced at about $13. On sale for $5.49 and I had a $4 off coupon. I actually had 2 coupons, I should have otten two, but I resisted.



So in the end, I really only spent $34.72 and I didn't get in trouble for going over my budget of $30. <3

Bella did great the whole day too! =)



Here are some pics totally unrelated to this post.









Kevin and I in front of St. Susanna's Church

Emma, Madison, and Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment