Thursday, June 18, 2009

All over the place with this one!

My friend Tiffany came to visit us! =) She lives all the way in St. Paul!



All tuckered out afte the pool!

Bathtime!


My beautiful, perfect, sweet baby girl.


Well, It's been a while since I've updated, and I'm sorry for that. I keep meaning to, but I just get carried away with something else. I've been busy trying to keep up with the house and just hanging out with my sister and nephew. Let me start there....

I'm soo happy that my sister is here visiting us! I wish she could stay a lot longer, but I am pretty sure she's leaving the end of the month. I'm going to be sad when she leaves. On the other hand, having a toddler around the house is CRAZY! It is only a matter of time before Bella is moving around and getting into things. It gets frustrating sometimes, when you tell him "No." and he just grins and does it anyways, but I just tell myself, he's 19 months old, he will learn. I know it is harder for my sister, because she wants soo badly for him to be good all the time, and I think she just is lost on what to do with him. I know eventually it will work out, but until then, I just try to keep my own patience, and try to help her without bossing her or making her feel like a bad mommy, because she is a GREAT mommy! I know sometimes I come across like I'm telling her how to raise her kid, I don't mean it that way though.

There are four dogs in our house, and two cats. Two dogs belong to my sister. I don't mind that she brought them, but I really am fed up with the animals in general. I'm tired of cat/dog hair EVERYWHERE and on EVERYTHING. I hate having to vacuum all the time, having sheets covering my furniture, and having to wipe muddy/dirty feet all the time because our dumb dogs like to dig up rocks and eat them. I love having the dogs, because I feel safer at night when Kevin is working. I know if someone tried to come in, the dogs would make all kinds of noise. At the same time, sometimes I wish they would just be quiet! Gabby barks at any little thing. She hears a kid down the street and she barks! It drives me nuts! But the most annoying thing is the fur. I put Bella on the floor one day, and she picked her head up and she had hair stuck to her cheek! UGH! The worst part was that I had already vacuumed that day. I don't want to get rid of them, but at the same time I do. I just don't have patience to deal with them at all. But I don't have the hard to get rid of them, deep down I DO love them.
Bella can sit up! She still needs to have someone with her, but she can sit for a long time without falling over! Eventually, she does fall over, but I'm just sooo proud of her! Bath time is great, because she can now sit up in her little tub and I can wash her back and stuff! YAY! She's also been teething a lot too. For the past 4-5 nights she's been waking up multiple times crying. Sometimes I can put her binky in her mouth and hush her back to sleep, other times I have to take her out and rock her, or nurse her. If it's after 5am, I just bring her into bed with me and nurse/cuddle with her. I'm soo tired! It doesn't help that I stay up at night watching t.v. until midnight, but my body just is used to that now. So, I'm thinking we are really in for it when her teeth REALLY start coming in! Right now you can't see anything - they do feel a bit harder, but nothing that would make me think the teeth will be making an appearance anytime soon...

I wanted to go walking every day with my sister while she was here, but we just haven't gone at all. I feel horrible about it, because I REALLY want to lose weight, but I just don't have the motivation! Hopefully I can get into some sort of routine. Soon. I'd like to loose 20lb by the end of September.. I guess I better get moving!

Kevin is working a LOT of OT. Whatever he can get it seems. It makes me feel bad, because he's missing out on time with Bella. I don't want to go back to work, but I feel like I'm going to have to in order to help out. I've been really good about not spending money and trying to save where I can, but I see how stressed out he is, and how tired he is, and I just feel like it's not enough. I just don't want to leave Bella with anyone. And it will be hard to find a job that I can wok around his schedule. Obviously I won't be able to go back to work full time, but.. *sigh* for now I know I don't HAVE to go back to work, but, if it really comes down to it, I will. I would really like to find something to do online, or from home. I've added some things to my blog, ad and whatnot, that potentially could bring in some change, but of course nothing that will pay bills.

My nursing issues seemed to have resolved, although she is still easily distracted. She's going a good 2 1/2 hrs between feedings, and she only takes 5-10 mins tops to eat, which is nice. She's still getting solids in the evenings, and doing VERY well with them! I just add the feeding in between her nursing sessions. She eats her veggie/fruit, then goes right into a bath. Then she stays up for a short while, and goes down. Typically she wakes back up and I'll feed her again before she goes down for the night. Her last feeding is between 10 and 11pm. and then she stays down until 7 or 8 am. Except recently with the teething issues, she's been waking up 2-4 times starting at 1am. NOT FUN!

Well, thats all for now, I hope you enjoyed my post. I'll update more whenever I get a chance. In all honesty, I had a reason to post when I started and then just.. lost it. LOL

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad nursing is going well again. I was curious about that.... And I hear ya on the distraction thing! I have to tell my older kids to stay away from me while I'm nursing Preston. He'll crane his neck to see them, but seems to forget he's still attached to the nip. OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete