Friday, June 26, 2009

Time sure does fly!

Bella Loves her peaches!


Well, my sister left to go back home yesterday. It seems like she just got here, and I really enjoyed her being here. She really kept me company and gave me someone to talk to. I know I have Kevin, but he is working as much as possible in order to allow me to stay home, so sometimes it does get a bit lonely. We will see them again in August though.
Austin at the pool!

It is amazingly quiet in my house now, without my nephew. It is odd how noisy a toddler is, but I never noticed it until now that he's gone. I miss it. The babbling and laughing and even the screaming! I'm sure Kevin is going to sleep better, but still, I think it was wonderful to have him here, even when he threw his fits.
Bella and her Auntie Jen!


This past weekend we went to the Vanity Fair outlets in Reading, PA. Which, in case you were randomly wondering, is only about 20-30 minutes from Jon & Kate's $1.3 million dollar home. No, we did not go by it, but I wanted to. Mostly out of curiosity. I didn't really want to see them, but I was curious about how much Paparazzi would be sitting in front of the house. Anyways - we went shopping and I finally got some clothes that fit me that are NOT maternity.

After that we went to Cabela's in Hamburg, had dinner, and then came home. We were all really tired. The ride home was super rough, both kids were overtired. Bella was screaming. Austin was screaming, every one's nerves were shot. Finally we stopped and pulled off into a parking lot and spent about 30 minutes just trying to calm them both down and put them to sleep. It was a fun, but very long day!
Bella and Austin after swimming!

The previous weekend we spent in Reston walking around the shops and spending time with Kevin's cousin Dana. She lives right next to the town center, and so we went there and just walked and walked. It almost made me want to live there. ALMOST! LOL the traffic reminded me why I hate it there. I do miss being close to everything, but I also enjoy my quiet little house away from Northern Virginia. Plus, I have 3 super Wal-Marts and 3 Targets within 15 minutes of my house, so I'm set on whatever I need! LOL

Upcoming plans: Next weekend (4th of July weekend!) we are going up to the camp and camping! There is a trailer, and running water, but we are going to pitch a tent and camp outside =) I do love going up there, its in the mountains and there is hardly any cell signal, no internet, and it is nice to just get away from it all. I love sitting by the fire, roasting marshmallows, cooking hot dogs, roasting fresh corn. I love the smell of the wood burning. At first I wasn't too fond of the idea.. thinking why should we have to sleep outside, there are beds inside, but then the more I thought about it, the more I think it will be fun! Bella's first camping trip. There WILL be lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment