Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shredding it up!

Well, I've started Shredding. What is "Shredding" you may ask? Well, I'll tell you. It is an INTENSE 20 minute workout by Jillian Michael's. She's the chick from The Biggest Loser. I am really aching and sore. I haven't seen any "progress" yet, but that's because it is only day 4! haha! Let me tell you, every day a new muscle aches! It is very hard, And I've been pushing myself through it. Even though I lose my breath and get tired, I just slow down and catch my breath for 5 seconds then pick back up. The point is no stopping for 20 minutes!

It's 20 minutes of 2 minute "circuits". Cardio, abs, back, legs, arms. doing Cardio in between each 2 minute muscle workout. And each two minute circuit consists of four 30-second workouts. This is why I like it. You just do what you can in the 30 seconds. If I can only do 10 crunches in 30 seconds, that's okay! The point is to do it for that amount a time, not xxx amount of reps xxx amount of times. I hate counting! So Starting tomorrow, I will weigh myself (I did not weigh myself before I started last week) and if I can find my soft tape measure, take down my measurements. I POSSIBLY will share my weight.. not so much the measurements. I mean really, I'm not trying to embarrass myself. HAHA!

I need to watch what I eat also. Cut back on junk. I've been drinking these frozen coffee things I make with my Magic Bullet... gonna have to cut them out a bit. Or use a less fattening sweetener (right now, its a Chocolate Eclair flavored Creamer!) My problem is that if it is in the house, I have no will power. But I can rationalize myself out of buying it. If it is already bought, well, I can't just throw it away, that's throwing away money! We don't have a treadmill, or even anywhere to put one if we did have one. Otherwise I'd walk on that all the time. I'm more likely to walk/jog on the treadmill at home than go for a walk outside or at a gym. I don't know why. I guess I just like my privacy!


So, I don't want it to be about dieting, but just about eating healthier. Fruits instead of cookies. I'm really not a big chip eater, other than tortilla chips. and I eat those with home-made guacamole. And, they are organic, so that counts for something right? The problem is I get sooo addicted to them! I could eat a half a bag easily if I let myself. I think I need to start eating at the table as well. Just to make a habit out of it, ya know? Instead of eating in front of the t.v. We'll see how my plan goes. Maybe I'll make a "meal plan" for the week and see how that works out for me.

I've been doing my workout around 10ish, because by then Bella is down for a nap. So I have JUST ENOUGH time to do it. She's usually awake by the end. Then I can drink a bunch of water to re-hydrate, and feed her oatmeal to her at 11. Monday will be a challenge, because we have a play date at the park at 1030. This means I have to be showered and dressed by 10. I will take Bela's Oatmeal with us, and fee her there so we don't mess up her schedule. but that means I will have to shred SUPER early in the morning. I know if I don't do it in the morning, I probably won't do it at all. I just have to GET UP. Probably at like 7. That's gonna suck. We'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment