Friday, December 11, 2009

HO HO HO! Merry Christmas!


So, as you can see, Miss Bella was not a huge fan of the Jolly Man in a Red Suit (or, in this case, a burgundy suit). She really was fine all the way up until he said "Hello" to her. Then she lost it. I had them take the picture because I was not going to put her back through it another time to try and see if she warms up to him. I figure she probably won't, so it was a one-time deal. We were getting the pics, smiling or screaming! She kicked off her adorable black mary janes.. I think I'll try to get her in her outfit again next to the Christmas tree..

She is sick, again. Just a sinus infection, I'm guessing. She isn't running a fever, but is full of snot and is having a rough time breathing. I'm keeping her nose clear as best I can, trying not to over-do it with the nasal aspirator. I try to only do it when she is obviously having issues with her nose. I just feel sooo bad for her. But overall she seems in good spirits, and isn't running a fever or anything, so that's always a plus. I always remember growing up having a stuffy nose and sinus issues once the weather turned cold, all the way until it warmed up again. I hope that is not the case for her. I am still nursing her, in the mornings, but we will be weaned for sure by the time she is one. I'm almost positive about that.

Kevin went up to PA to go hunting for two wees. It was really hard for me, int he evenings, but I made sure to keep myself busy during the days, cleaning, playdates, etc. It wasn't until the evening and Bella was in bed and I was sitting in the quiet, when I missed his company. But, I was wonderfully surprised when he showed up on the doorstep a day early! =) Bella missed him too. He is back to work now, and so we start to go back into our normal schedule. I'm working on getting Bella into a regular routine for naps, but so far, with her being sick, it looks like that will have to be put off a bit. I'm still working on cutting out her nighttime nursing, and she is still waking up, but her crying isn't as hard, and so I'm hoping that within a week she will be done waking up at night!

Kevin's parents will be down next weekend, then we will go up to visit them the day after Christmas, and stay until January 3rd (I think). We will most likely celebrate Bella's first Birthday in New Castle, while I am a bit nervous about.. I really have no reason to be, but I just am. I don't want her having chocolate or any of that. If I could just give her Banana Cake and a teensy bit of icing I would, but I'm going with Yellow Cake and white icing. And she's only getting a little bit.. I don't know why I get all anxious about it.. I'm rationalizing it more and more, and making myself be more calm and not let it get to me. I'm just anxious and nervous and excited about her turning one. It doesn't matter where or when she celebrates it, as long as she is surrounded by friends and family and people who love her, which she will be!


That is all for our update! Enjoy, and look out for some more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment