Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 re-cap


Hey everyone! I Hope ya'll had a great Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or other Holiday, and a safe and Happy New year.

Reflecting back on 2009, it went by way too fast! Bella is just a few days away from turning 1, and yet it seems like she was just born! This year has brought happiness and sadness, but overall it has been a wonderful year.

Obviously the best thing to happen is my beautiful daughter, Isabella Grace, who was born on January 5th, 2009. She has grown so much in a year, and I am anxious to see how she grows in the upcoming year. We have been blessed to have such wonderful, supportive and loving family to help us out whenever we have needed it. This year has brought so many changes! Another is that I am a stay at home mommy. It is what I've always wanted to do, and for it to become a reality is absolutely amazing. It has been challenging, for sure, but I would not have traded one second for anything in the world. I have made some wonderful friends over the past year, some online, and some in real life, and they have been a wonderful support to me, as well. I don't think I would have remained sane this year without them.

Another change this year was in Kevin's work schedule. Instead of being on midnights, he switched to day work in the fall. At first we were worried about how it would affect us, since we've been so used to him working midnights (it's all he's ever worked!) but we really love the new shift! Yes, he does have to get up at 3:30am, and he doesn't get home until 5:30 or 6pm, but we have dinner together, evenings together, go to bed together every night, and his day's off aren't spent sleeping. We truly love our new schedule, and even though it did take some adjusting on my own part to not having him there all day, I absolutely love the trade-off. Bella benefits from it as well, she gets to see daddy every night, and he is more interactive with her since he's not completely sleep-deprived all the time! (oh yeah, and I got to take down the room darkening shades in our room!)

Some of the challenges of being a stay at home mom are financial ones. Because I am not bringing in any money, I am constantly trying ti 'justify' all my purchases. I use coupons and try not to go anywhere without them. At first it was hard, and although I was saving money, I was buying lots of things we didn't need, because of a good 'deal'. I have since learned to only buy what I need.. okay, well mostly only what I need! I do still splurge, but I REALLY think about it, see what deals I can get, and research prices (well, mostly for larger purchases) to see where I can get the cheapest and best price/deal. This is something I've never had to do, but I have been trying my best, and I think, for the most part, I've been pretty successful.

This is supposed to be a re-cap of the year.. SO.. We've been to PA multiple times, Bella's Nana and Papaw and Uncle David (my family) came up in March to visit, My grandparents came up from Tennessee in the end of April to visit.. We got new furniture in April as well! May was Apple Blossom, and that is always fun! In June, My sister came up with her son, and Bella got to meet her Aunt Jennifer and her cousin Austin! It was a great time, and I wish they lived closer! July was Bella's first camping trip! We had a blast up at the camp in PA, can't wait to do it again this year! August was a long road trip to my parent's house in Arkansas.. Bella did great in the car, and it was wonderful to have her meet all our other family down there! October is when Kevin switched to day work.. and Bella's first Halloween! November was Thanksgiving, and we had (have) so very much to be thankful for! and then December.. Christmas.. Bella's first real cold - a sinus cold turned into double ear infections, which led to her first time on Amoxicillan, which did NOT agree with her, and did not work.. it gave her a bad bad diaper rash. She was switched to Cefprozil (or something that sounded like that!) which worked much much better! We spent Christmas day in Winchester, and came to PA the day after, which is where we still are! We will head home on Sunday, January 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment