Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting healthy!

Well, my moms group started a weight loss challenge group. Basically a group for some of us who want to lose weight and get healthy. We post and talk to each other, track our wight weekly, chart our exercise, and once a month post our measurements (hips, waist, thighs, arms, chest). Let me tell you, the initial measuring was enough to get me motivated! There are no set guidelines, we are all doing our own thing, but doing it together, if that makes sense. Some people are going to the gym, a couple are doing weight watchers, and a few of us are just doing it at home. What's my plan? To get in shape. I'm not looking to get 6 pack abs (although that would be AWESOME!). And honestly, the numbers on the scale don't really mean much. I want to be healthier, be able to run up the stairs without being out of breath. I just want to FEEL GOOD. So, I'm being conscious of what I eat, but not restricting. If I want a piece of cheesecake, I'll have it, but I'll try to make it small, and also, only have one. I'm trying to choose healthier snacks; fruit, roasted edamame, yogurt, etc.

I've recorded a couple of yoga shows on the DVR, so I do one of those every morning, which is about 20 minutes. Then, at nap time, I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred. I've just moved up to level 2 (go me!) thats 25 minutes of INTENSE workout! Today, I added into my routine EA Active Trainer for Wii. That was 20 minutes of medium intensity, lower impact of a great workout. I was sweating when I was done, but went on to do the shred right after. =)

I've also been going on walks (not as much as I want though) on the days that aren't super hot in the mornings =)

So, thats what I've been up to, and since I workout during nap time, it takes up my online time, and I don't have much time anymore when Bella is awake, because she is a Busy busy little girl! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment