Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Enjoying the porch swing out front

Well, I'm a few days late, but I'm getting back into a routine and Bella is finally not waking up a bazillion times a night, so I'm actually semi-coherent. only semi because it's 6:45am and I've only had a couple sips of coffee, but anyhow...
She totally stole this rib off my plate, and yes, she was actually pulling meat off of it!

Memorial Day this year brought a few tears to my eyes as I read other posts on Facebook, and watch some of the stories on T.V. My daddy is retired Air Force, and thankfully made it home after every deployment. I guess it never really hit me until now, the stress it put on my mom, and the actual sacrifice my dad made for his family, and for everyone else. Now my cousin, Matt,  is in the Air Force, as well as his girlfriend, Carolina, and my brother in law, Johnny, is in the Army. Johnny just deployed to Afghanistan, Matt is going soon as well, and Carolina goes in July. I pray that they are safe and come home safe and that God watches over them. I hope that  whoever reads this will also say a quick prayer for their safety. My sister is so strong and amazing - Johnny was deployed a lot of her first pregnancy, and now she's pregnant and has a 3year old, and hes gone again. I don't know if I would be able to survive, but she does, and that's amazing..
Naptime in the hammock after swimming

Anyhow, off course. This weekend we went over to Aunt Dory and Uncle Dan's house and went swimming in the pool and cooked burgers, ribs, and hot dogs on the grill. We all had a great time, and Bella REALLY enjoyed the ribs! No pics of us in the pool because we were all in the pool.. ;) I'm glad it is summer - the weather is hot and has been kinda rainy off and on, but I love it. Rather be hot than freezing cold!
Bella & her cousin Evan playing ball

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and took a moment to be thankful for those who gave their lives and are out there now risking their lives to help protect ours. Whether or not you agree with the war, they are still over there, and they are still someone's mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, husband, wife, or child, and we need them all to be kept safe, because THEY believe they are doing good, and so we have to as well.

Bella and her cousin Alexander switching hats =) What a good sport he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment