Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Show me the $$$!

So, I've been a stay at home mom since Bella was born.. that's 18 months. I can't say I haven't loved every second of it, because I absolutely have! However, As she's getting older and more mobile, and more stubborn, and testing more limits.. and my patience, I find myself craving time away. It is kind of funny, because I hate to leave her, but I really enjoy my time away. Even if it's just to the grocery store. I enjoy not having to constantly chase her, or to have a conversation that isn't interrupted. So - I'm going to get a job. I went into The Children's Place in the mall, and they were out of applications, but I spoke with the manager once before that, and when I was just there, spoke with the scheduling manager about my schedule requirements, and they were both VERY understanding. It basically boils down to - I can only work when Kevin is off. The minute I have to start paying for daycare, then it becomes pointless for me to work. I'll only be working maybe 15 hours a week, and probably not much more than minimum wage. (which, is what, 7.50 or something now?)

I'm also babysitting once a week for my friend Erin. She has two kids who are 3yrs and 6mo. It doesn't bring in a lot, but it brings in enough to pay for lunch out or whatever.

AND I just started working as an assistant to Rebekah, of R. Gonzalez Photography. I'm doing the scheduling and generally helping her out with whatever she needs. It's easy to do because she is a great friend, laid back, and most of it is done through emails, so I can just hop on whenever I have some quiet time. Right now, it's naptime that I'm using to answer emails. So, if you need some photos taken, email me at michele.rgphotos@gmail.com and I'll set you up an appointment.

So, I seem to have a lot going on, but at the same time, it's not a lot. I am enjoying it all so far. Hopefully I will get up to TCP in the next couple days and get an application filled out (they were out of them when I went last time). We'll see how things go.

Hope you all are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment