Sunday, August 22, 2010

IsaBows

I've started making and selling some pretty little bows for the pretty little girls I know. It started off by me just wanting to make bows for Bella, and eventually, after some encouragement from a few people, I've started selling them. I've made a Facebook page, and hopefully I will eventually make an etsy site or another website. I'm not sure which will work best for me, but we'll see when that time comes. I enjoy making them, they are fairly easy for me, and I really put the time into them to make sure each one is well made. I don't want to take on more than I can handle, but right now I'm no where near overloaded. I've just got a few orders for some friends, and I'm hoping to get some more orders soon!

I haven't figured out shipping, since everyone I've sold to has been close by, but I guess I'll figure that out when we get to that point.

Here's some more info about my bows....

I roll all my own ribbon, and I heat seal all the ends. This ensures that the ends do not fray or come unraveled. I even seal the ends that aren't seen, and the ends of the ribbon I use to line your 2-prong alligator clip. I attach a small piece of non-slip material to every clip, unless you request otherwise.  The ribbon is all stitched together, and then onto the clip, so there is no worry about the bow coming apart from the clip. I do this because I've had bows for Bella that were only glued together, or just tied together with a string, and they have all been pulled apart. She likes to yank them out of her hair, and I can happily say that she has yet to tear apart one of the bows that I have made for her.

The Korker bows come in two basic sizes, 3.5" and 5". I can also make any other sizes you want, but those two seem to work best. I have also begun making what I call a "flower style" bow, which is about 4" across. You can see examples of all my bows here.

I'm happy to try and match any outfit you have, or make bows in your favorite team colors. =) Just shoot me an email at info.isabows@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment