Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Two Years ago..

Two years ago, on this day, at 10:38 am, my precious little girl was born. She was beautiful and amazing, and ever since then she has been teaching me just as much as I've been teaching her. She's just about 30lbs, and i believe 33" tall. Her checkup isn't for another week, so I don't have the exact numbers.. but I will. =) She wears a 2T in shirts and pants, a few 3T shirts.. and size 7 shoe. Her hair hangs just above her shoulder blades on her back, and her bangs come down to her chin. Her hair is always a mess, and it's a challenge to keep it out of her face, yet I refuse to cut it.



Bella can speak very well for her age.  She knows a lot of animals, and their sounds. Her favorite animals seem to be Lemurs and Zebras, but she also likes tigers and monkeys. Her favorite shows are Yo Gabba Gabba, Caillou, The Wiggles, and Timmy Time. She also like a short cartoon that comes on in between shows called "Monkey See, Monkey Do".  She is getting into princesses and Tinkerbell. We are doing a themed party this year with Disney Faeries.  I'm sure she would be happy with anything, but this seemed to be the most convenient. Plus, she was super excited when we picked out the plates.


She enjoys music and dancing, and even more than that she loves books. She loves to "read" them, or have them read to her. She loves to be outside when the weather is nice, and she really enjoys playing with other kids.

She has a quick temper, which proves to be a challenge to deal with. We are working on finding the right way to combat her fits and temper. They usually fizzle out quickly if we ignore her, so that's what we try to do. Although, do you have any idea how hard it is to ignore a toddler who is screaming AND chasing you down?

She's learning colors and numbers, and shapes too. She can count to 3, knows red, blue, and yellow, and can also identify a square and a star.  Finger painting and coloring have really helped with her colors and gross motor skills.  She can jump off the ground, and has been able to for a few months. She has all but her last two top molars, and she eats just about anything we give her. I have found out she does not like raisins or jello though!

So, as we celebrate another wonderful year with Bella, I am reflecting on not only what she has learned, but what I have learned as well.

She has taught me patience, and acceptance. She has taught me to trust my own instincts. She has taught me to appreciate life, and the people around me. I do alot of things differently, I shop, cook, and eat differently.  I sacrifice more, although, it doesn't necessarily feel like a sacrifice. It feels good to me to give her more, and take less for myself. I s'pose that's part of being a mom, but it's just another way I've changed in the last two years. She makes me want to be a better person all around. She's made me appreciate Kevin, and that he is here for us.  She, without knowing, encourages me to be more open and communicate more in my relationship with Kevin.  It is something I've not always been great at, but I'm working on it. I want our relationship to be a good and healthy example for her.

But.. it's her birthday. She's going to be two. Two. It just doesn't seem right that she's two already. It makes me cry.. she's so big and smart and beautiful.. and I'm so proud.. but.. where did my baby go? I guess the way mother nature eases this little twinge of pain is that this is the stage where she wants only mommy for everything. I must get her out of her carseat. I must be the one to put on her socks and shoes (and change her diaper and get her dressed, for that matter). If she drops her cup from her high chair, daddy better not touch it!! Mommy to the rescue. So, while I may complain that she is stuck to me like glue and I can't get a break, I try to remind myself that there will be a day that she won't want anything to do with me, and so I must pause and help her with whatever she needs, or just hold her if that's what she wants... because all too soon she'll be a teenager, and she'll be yelling at me and telling me to leave her alone.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great, and emotional, blog! :) Hard to believe time has flown by that fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! Can you believe our 5 yr anniversary is this April! Seems like yesterday we were getting married!

    ReplyDelete