Friday, February 22, 2013

Oops. I forgot I had a blog.

It's been almost a year since I posted last. I do miss having my journal.... but to be honest, I get busy, then I forget about it completely. And it wasn't until the girls is the wine club decided to start a blog about the wine club that I actually remembered that I had a blog.

Is this the start (re-start) of my blog? If I'm honest, probably not. I'll write a bit.. then get busy with life, and forget.. then pop back in. It's the way of life. I am starting a full time job, which will have me working evenings. My sister and her nephews are moving in with us, which is going to make for some very big adjustments for us all, but I am happy to be able to offer her a place to go when she is going through some personal issues.

Moving along.. I ran a 5k in the fall, and haven't ran a step since. Not sure HOW I fell off the wagon, but I did, and I just CANNOT catch back up to it. I'm hoping a little bit of consistency with my schedule and new job will allow me to get back into a good routine. I know once I can get there, I'll get into the shape I want to be (which, BTW, is NOT round..) The hubby isn't as helpful with dieting (which I don't do anyhow) as he is a junk food junkie. He doesn't seem to gain weight, either. Stupid boy metabolism. I just try to make healthy choices and not eat a gallon of ice cream all at once. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't.

My daughter is growing so fast. She amazes me all the time with how much she knows, and what she can do. I think she's pretty amazing. She also has an amazing attitude. By attitude I mean foot-stomping, hands on her hips, door slamming, screaming attitude. I'm in for a HELL of a ride when she gets older. For now, we are trying to manage it by not yelling back (truthfully, it's SO HARD but it really works best). And acknowledging how she is feeling to help her to understand her anger. I think it's important for her to know that we understand WHY she is angry, and to try and help her to work through those feelings. Often times she ends up in her room, but it allows her time to calm down (and me, too) and we talk about it after we are both not angry. She loves arts and crafts and dancing, and horses and My Little Pony, and playing with her friends. She's in gymnastics and Ballet.. and isn't quite coordinated for either.. she totally gets that from me. But she enjoys it, and that's all that matters.

Going back to work full-time is scary. Stressful. Exciting. All of the above. We have big plans for this year, and to achieve them, I HAVE to work full-time. I'm looking forward to a normal routine, but also sad about it. I enjoy the flexibility of my every-day life. Since the shift is in the evening, we're going to need a sitter a few times a week, at least until my sister gets here. I think we may still have the sitter come in to help wrangle three kids into bed on the nights my sister will be alone. That way she isn't overwhelmed by it. I know I would be. I'm still looking for another job, something with hours that will work better with our family schedule, but until then, I am thankful for what I have been offered. =) I know that this is the first step in being able to reach our goals. It's an adjustment, but it's one I'm willing to make. I know things won't always be difficult or as stressful, and I just keep my focus on what really matters. Everything will work out.

That's pretty much all I have to say. It's cold and sleeting out. Pretty gross, and I do not wish to go anywhere today at all. We are staying in and just hanging out and watching movies. I think that it is a perfectly acceptable way to spend a Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment